Obtaining a job is not only foremost for entering into professional life but also perplexing. It would be luscious getting the chance of being recruited by the various companies. But it would be so frustrating if you lag in your field only for not being so strong in some important skills including interpersonal and intrapersonal skills.
A few are born with these skills as these are so natural but a big portion gains these efficiencies with practice. They have to work hard and interact more with individuals cultivating them. Strong personal ability is too important to beat today’s workplace. People having those skills are usually more successful in both their corporate and day-to-day lives.
What are Interpersonal Skills?
Interpersonal skill means a person’s behavior and deportment with others as “Inter” means between people or groups. This term is used to indicate the “interaction process”. In this business world, interaction with others means a lot. Employee’s ability to get along with other professionals in the job sector is very important. Even a person bearing that proficiency can be valued more in his job than others.
Interpersonal Skills –
Interpersonal skills are referred to as social skills, soft skills, communication skills sometimes. Actually, these all are the terms of interpersonal skills. There are many interpersonal skills. Some of them are explained here –
- Communication skill: It means how we communicate with others, what we say or not, how we interpret when others say anything. How you communicate with your groupmates is so important. This term helps you to be confident while talking also gathers the attention of others excellently. So, it is 3 types –
- Verbal communication
- Listening power
- Non-verbal communication
- Leadership: Leaders are those who motivate a group of people to achieve a goal. It is important to lead a group in any project, help or advise them to do the work properly, and celebrate the win together.
- Public speaking: It is also known as “oratory”. Speaking in front of your audience is an art. Some have this skill naturally but more rehearsal and practice can help one to be a master of it.
- Problem-solving: Solving any organizational problem is so necessary for any job sector. It includes how to identify, define problems, and then perfectly solve them with or without having a team. It also indicates your cognitive and thinking power.
- Decision Making: Decision-making in any situation is also weighty. A person having good interpersonal skills can make the right decisions that may help his company to cope up with any crucial period.
- Body language: Sometimes it belongs to non-verbal communication. It means your physical behaviors like your expression, gesture, posture when interacting with others.
- Teamwork: It is vital for being able to work with other people in a group or team confidently and respect everyone’s opinion. It will help you to know others’ ideas, thinking, working process as well.
About Intrapersonal Skills:
“Intra” means inside someone, a person, or maybe a group. It indicates a person’s own internal skills, attitudes. It helps you to know yourself, your power, strengths, and weaknesses. It mentions the good personality, values, qualifications of an individual. People having these skills strongly know themselves like what they want, how they feel, what they should do everything. They are so clear to themselves.
Some highly focused intrapersonal skills are –
- Self Confidence
- Self Esteem
- Positive Mindsets
- Assertiveness in learning new skills
- Negative emotions for unnecessary topics
- Self Motivation
- Being Patient
- Self Discipline
- Strong attitudes
- Working independently
- Able to control own emotions
- Ability to learn
- Aware of your own thought etc
Lastly, there is no doubt that both of the skills are equally noteworthy. However, good intrapersonal skills will always help you to achieve good interpersonal skills easily. These skills are a crucial requirement for any workplace in this modern world to gain organizational success. Even many organizations clearly mention these skills in their job requirements. A person can easily boost his proficiency by practicing continuous interaction with others. For a successful career, it is a must to attain these significant skills and achieve your professional goals easily.
Former Content Writer Intern at Engineers Hub BD